History

St Philip’s Church was dedicated on 22nd February 1870 and has offered unbroken Christian worship for more than 140 years.

The church was designed in the “Early English” style by architect F Preedy, to seat 200 people. It was built through the generosity of Baroness Windsor of Hewell, to serve and benefit the people of Webheath.

Stained Glass Window at St Philip’s



During the long history of the church there have been many additions to the original building, including a Vestry, Chancel Screen and updating the original pipe organ.

The organ at St Philip's
The organ at St Philip’s



In 1919 a Memorial to the fallen of the village in the Great War was placed on the West Wall, and later memorials were placed for those who died in the Second World War and in Palestine.

War memorial inside St Philip's
War memorial inside St Philip’s

 

War memorial at St Philip's
War memorial at St Philip’s